Thursday 13 February 2014

In Which The Science Teacher is Evil

Dear Diary,

Today started like any other normal day. Chantel and I were going to school together. Vincent said he'd meet us there, along with Israel. With March Break done (which is what they call it here), it seemed like things were off to a good start. Until I arrived to school and saw Israel punching a tree like it were a test dummy. I guess Meg and Trish asked him if he had killed Loki, he got flustered, walked away and proceeded to punch a tree.

I managed to convince him to stop. We talked a bit about how we're dealing with Loki's death and started going to class when Ardath jumped out of the tree. I'm not really sure what he's become since before Christmas, but he's definitely different. I'm guessing Red Cap or Leanne had something to do with it, but I haven't had a chance to ask him much. That and I found a video on my phone when I finally found it in a drawer in the house.

Of course, I'm not gonna toss it in his face. I mean, he fucked my mom. That just means I'm going to have to find a way to destroy him. And since no one seems to particularly like him it can't be that hard, right? I know, I know. After that talk I had with Chantel about trying to let old habits die hard, I shouldn't really go after him. But something happened in that room with my mom, besides the obvious, and since she seems to be pretending none of it ever happened, I gotta figure it out on my own.

He made some snide comments and then we all went to class, which apparently means we all sit in a group like friends. It seems to make Mrs. R a little uncomfortable, but that could also just be the way Ardath tends to look at her. That unnerving thing he does? Well, he has a full force of it on the english teacher.

At lunch Chantel asked us all to meet her in the broadcast room where it was explained that Mr. Scott, the science teacher, was in fact something more than human. He had turned some russian mafia guys into dust. Also, it turns out Vincent's stepmom was sleeping with someone from the mafia, and so of course Vincent is involved. Nice of him to never mention that.

By this point, Vincent still hadn't shown up for school, despite texting him repeatedly. I can't believe he didn't show up. I know he has a lot going on, but I'm not sure how he expects to have much of a future for himself if he doesn't try. No school is going to be willing to ignore a low GPA. And I know it doesn't seem super important, given there are demons and angels and fairies, but it will when he leaves this hell hole behind.

A plan was hatched to try to get proof that Mr. S was more than just a coach and science teacher, and Chantel and I wandered into the boy's locker room (while they were changing) to get everyone's phones. She's so good at talking to people. And they did it. They gave their phones over. It was enough time for Ardath to grab Mr. S' phone and for us to get the hell out of there. Of course Israel was there, talking to a kid named Caleb I'd never really noticed before. Israel didn't really understand he was supposed to cover up.

The phones only revealed that Dean, one of the rugby players, is actually undead. Killed by Nate, another rugby player, who seems to have been dead for a couple decades and just no one noticed. Vincent showed up, finally, for practice, and said he could get us into Mr. S' condo. He didn't say how, which means it's through Samael. And suddenly it felt like everything we had worked on at Christmas just went down the drain. Maybe he just doesn't understand that Samael can't be trusted, or just used whenever. Maybe he just doesn't care.


No comments:

Post a Comment