Monday 5 May 2014

In Which Another Plan is Created

Dear Diary,

Chantel. I thought Vincent’s name stirred my mind and heart at the same time. Chantel was the first real friend I had here. Vincent was my boyfriend. Chantel was my best friend. She knew about composing and Brown and the truth about Clarissa and why I did what I did. And she didn’t tell me to piss off. She helped me cure Vincent. She was there for mom’s funeral.

But since mom’s death we had drifted. It was my own fault. I couldn’t trust her anymore, not really, not after what had happened with Leanne. It made me think she would stab me in the back just to get an advantage. And the way she could convince people of anything if it had even a note of truth in scared me.

In the bathroom I told her what I wanted from her. That I wanted the bracelet. I wanted it to bring Jack back from the dead. Not my mom, Jack. Jack was the real family I had and he was the one whose death had been the most horrible. And he was a ghost. I had been trying to avoid him for so long because I was terrified if I spoke to him he’d disappear or something bad would happen to him. Everything I’ve become and been part of goes to hell when I get involved. It was safest to not let people know about Jack.

And then I told Chantel and she said yes. She agreed. We were going to give Leanne the bracelet and then turn Leanne mortal, so she couldn’t do anything with it. I wanted to cry. It meant so much to me that Chantel was willing to help. I had been so wrong about her. She was just as lost and confused as I am. I should’ve been a better friend. I promise I will be from now on.

She gave me the bracelet and we left the diner to see another fight breaking out in the parking lot. I couldn’t help but sigh. I was tired of Vincent being an idiot. And as he spoke he continued to just bark at people, like a yappy dog nipping at people’s heels. Then his mind reached out to mine. I could feel it, unrefined and harsh prodding, like his power was new. I’m not sure why, but I struck him. I yelled at him. He had to stay out of my head. And then his power backfired and he flew backwards out of my range.

I grabbed Caleb and Chantel and Israel and the new girl, Eve, and we left. I was done. I had what I needed and a plan. But then Caleb’s pack showed up and he nodded to them before he took off. I had a bad feeling about what was happening and part of me wanted to go with him to protect him. It isn’t my job really to keep him safe. He’s a werewolf. He can keep himself safe, but I wanted to. My own feelings worried me as I got in the car. I looked at Chantel.


Then she said we should go to school and get something of Caleb’s. To stop him from hurting people. I sighed. And agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment