Tuesday 6 May 2014

In Which A Ghost Becomes a Friend

Dear Diary,

There’s always something eerie about school at night. By the time we got back into the city it was night. Chantel and I headed to the school. I kept texting Caleb but never got a response. Despite how I tried to show him I didn’t care, I was worried. Natalie was there. He had talked about how much he hated her and vampires in general. But Natalie was powerful and controlled her own house. It wasn’t as simple as Caleb thought. He just wouldn’t listen to me.

As we walked up to Caleb’s locker and Chantel tried to open it, Eve kept asking what we were doing. I tried to explain but I couldn’t really put it into words. How do you explain that he’s a werewolf and, like Vincent, too eager to hit things. I wonder what she’d say. She’d already seen me hit Vincent. I had to stop hurting him, but he just made me so angry every time I saw him. All I see is Samael, the grinning demon, welcoming me home to a broken place. I should’ve burnt the house down. But then where would Jack have gone?

Then Nate approached us. Chantel and I both knew he was a ghost, but seemed to both ask him leading questions. Eventually I decided to bite the bullet and just ask him questions, and then mentioned that Leanne could bring people back to life. We agreed to help him come back to life, after all, he’d been trapped at the school a long time. I wanted to help him. I wanted him to be normal, just like I wanted everyone to just be normal.

Finally Chantel decided we didn’t need the item of Caleb’s after I said he could be in trouble and Eve tried to break the locker open only to find she wasn’t quite that strong. Well, at least she’s human. Which means she needs to not be around us. I couldn’t help but sigh and then we decided to summon Leanne. All Chantel had to do was think about her and she was there. I told her I had my part of the deal and took her hand and we were gone.


I arrived at my house, hand in hand with Leanne, just in time to see Vincent coming down my walkway with my journal and his journal in his hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment