Wednesday 15 January 2014

Day One: Or when I get stuck making Pad Thai with the crazies

Dear Diary,

Today I went to my new private school. It was crazy. The end.

I wish. Let's see. While it has some of the most attractive guys to offer, I can't say even one of them was normal. Let's talk about bachelor number one.

Israel. Weird name, right? So Israel looks like he just walked out of heaven, all muscles and staring eyes. Seriously. Those old paintings of the muscled archangels striking down dragons or something from art history... that's kind of what he reminds me of. He apparently doesn't like small talk (who does), and honestly, it's probably because he sucks at it. He was dating a girl named Meg, who seems sweet, and therefore, likely stupid. She walked icily away when she saw Israel and I in the hall together.

Loki. Yet another check on the weird name list. He was another really good looking guy, who seemed a little too eager and was just a little creepy. Like that weird hair on the back of your neck when someone's watching you creepy. I'm sure he's a nice enough guy, but he tends to come on a little strong. I haven't heard if he's seeing anyone, and given he promptly asked me for a date once class was over (which I might've accidentally said yes to), I'm guessing he's single. Although he seems to have some issue with Heather and Clarissa, the two most popular girls. At least I'm in the right crowd.

Next we have the elusive and mysterious Ardath. I can't say I got to talk to him much, other than to see him walking around looking busy. He shared a few words with the other guys, so I'm guessing he's wealthy and, likely, is dating several people at once. He just seems the type. My best guess is that he's the current contender for school jackass.

Finally I met, or rather, re-met, Vincent. I know his little sister (who he promptly said wasn't his sister) Miranda from the Yacht club last year. While I remember him as being pretty aloof and busy last year, now he seems distracted and honestly pretty damn exhausted. And to top it all off, he pretty much said he cooks because his family doesn't spend money on a staff. I have it on good authority they spend it on drugs. I kind of feel sorry for the guy.

In the girl's corner we have ever popular Clarissa, who seems to be the raking Queen Bee of the busy hive. Beautiful, dangerous, and with a mean sense of humor, I like her. She makes me laugh. And let's be honest, she's from Scarborough. There isn't anything she can do I haven't seen happen five times in Prep school. Small towns.

Next we have Heather. I don't know what her deal is, but she hovers around Clarissa like a good drone worker. She seems to have some issue with Loki, much like Clarissa, but that's how the hive works.

Meg. Former and possibly current girlfriend of the awkward Israel, she's kind and nice and pretty enough. I think she wants Israel to fix whatever he fucked up, but hey, it's not my business, right? Israel seems lost on the issue, like a puppy who's been kicked a few times. According to Loki, he has a disability. See. I told you Meg was sweet.

Finally, and barely worthy of notation, there's Trish. Some girl who spends more times in shop class than in any advanced courses, from what I gather. Last spotted she was seen being cuddly with Israel. Boy gets around.

I'm in Health and Nutrition with all these people. Except Trish, obviously. I spent the afternoon talking with Vincent about his bizarre family troubles, mostly having Israel and Loki fill in the blanks while Vincent spoke. Either way, something has definitely changed him, and while I didn't know him well before, I'll say he's much sweeter now. And apparently has some new tattoos.

Clarissa and I had a brief exchange during the class, where barbs were thrown and we both knew where we stood. It resulted in a lunch invitation and here I am, buzzing with the hive. I informed my girlfriends of the impending doom of a date with Loki, and we decide, in true New York fashion, to fuck with him for taking advantage of the new girl. And oh, the things we saw. 

No comments:

Post a Comment