Wednesday 15 January 2014

Scarborough: Formally known as Butt-Fuck Idaho

Dear Diary,

Four months ago my mother was offered a job as head over the NICU at SickKids Hospital in Toronto. This is in Canada. This is not okay. Soon as Summer hit, my parents sat me down and told me the awful truth: That not only were we leaving New York behind, but that we were moving to the Greater Toronto Area, known formally as the GTA. We would trade our uptown home, my friends, their friends, our reputation, our staff, and our zip code all to further my mother's career.

Fast forward those four months minus a week and we arrived in the most well known street Scarborough had to offer. A long drive in for mom every day, but she wanted us to be near a good school where I could receive a hopeful education. Apparently downtown Toronto wasn't quite good enough and somehow we landed here.

Welcome to Canada. Leave your sanity at the border.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment