Wednesday 29 January 2014

In Which Everyone's True Colours Show

Dear Diary,

It feels like weeks have happened in a few short hours. I had found out the guy I was into was cursed by some devil and had had me linked to him and his devil. That the guy who had asked me on a date was a spider. That evil existed. That everyone here was some sort of monster. That nothing would ever be the same again.

Then Israel and Chantelle show up and apparently Loki's out for blood with that Robin guy. My blood. As in he's going to kill me for what I did at the party. It's another moment where everything feels crazily surreal and all the ... nonhumans... start talking about what's going to happen like I'm not there. Which works out because I feel like I've checked out and into an insane asylum.

Next thing I know we're in Vincent's car and headed to the church. I don't bother to ask questions. I just go. Because at this point a god, an angel, and Vincent, who's made a deal with the devil, as far as I can tell.. or a dragon... are all telling me that I have to come with them. I mean, even if I didn't want to go, it didn't really seem like I would have a choice. I suddenly missed just dealing with Clarissa and Heather. Mean girls I can handle. But this?

The church was cold. Maybe I was just scared. But it felt cold. Israel takes us to the back to show us this crazy weapon horde he has, seriously. Like something out of Buffy. And then they gear up. This overwhelming sense of panic and confusion keeps swelling up inside of me and finally I just ask them why I can't just talk to Loki. I mean, it's Loki. Sure, he's a spider, but he's still Loki, right? He can't be all evil and crazy?

They laugh and say he's a little crazy because Chantelle drove him that way. I can't help but feel a bit of sadness when they say that. I shouldn't have done what I had done. Guilt is a shitty emotion and one I'm all too familiar with. So I keep asking if I can just talk to him. I'm about to just try to sneak away when Chantelle is working with the sound system and Vincent is playing with some bag that he brought with him, when Israel jumps down from the bell tower (like a creep) and says they're here.

So I grabbed the microphone and pleaded with Loki to forgive me. I told him that I know he's not a monster. That I know he's better than this. He falters. Enough that I thought it might work, and then he just seemed to shake it off. And this awful sinking feeling crept into my stomach and I felt like I was going to puke. I guess it's a new type of fear. I've never really feared for my life before. Adrenaline was pumping through my veins. I felt my hands clutch Vincent. Who knew twenty four hours could make you cling to someone you barely knew like they were your saviour?

Then everything else happened so fast. Ardath came in with Robin and was talking to Vincent and Israel. They kept asking him not to kill me, but Robin said he needed to kill me because he made a deal with Loki. And then Vincent attacked him. Robin, that is. They both ended up stabbing each other. I felt my throat tighten as blood came from both of them. But what could I do? Ask them not to? Like that would make a difference.

And then Loki came in, screaming, and made an attack at me but couldn't quite reach me in time before Israel interfered and nearly sliced him in half with a sword. I saw Israel crying as he did it. I can't understand why any of this really happened. It was a joke at a high school party. And now Loki's dead. Even if he was a monster.

Robin, I guess, is freed from whatever promise he made and didn't have to kill me after all. The mass horde of spiders is taken control by Chantelle who told them to be free. Vincent and Robin are still ready to fight but I tried to pull Vincent away, and he seemed to listen when I asked him to stop. Then Chantelle called him over to the police scanner.

I guess Loki had the SWAT team ready to sweep the church and Vincent used Samael (the dragon.. demon.. thing) to call them off of us. But in return his house was burning down. Including his stepmom and his bother and sister. He says they weren't blood family, but... he was pale. I held him close and then said I'd go with him to his house.

But there was nothing left. The book wasn't even there either. So either it burned or something took it.

Thus ended my first semester of school in Canada.
WTF Canada?

1 comment: