Wednesday 16 April 2014

In Which Nothing Is Worth It

Dear Diary,

I can’t really figure out what I’m doing. Everything I start doing seems to fall apart or turn to shit. Maybe that’ the gift of being a hunter. Any connection you have to the world will eventually turn to fire and burn you. I just want to hold on to something and know it won’t fade or disappear. I want to cling to the last threads of my old life.

I’ve worked pretty hard to make sure Vincent doesn’t remember what happened and to give him a chance to be a normal human teenager. Why bring him into this world? He’s better off and so am I, I guess. But I miss him. I don’t know if I’ll ever stop loving him.

At school, I started up the Teens Need Truth group. I don’t know what to do with them, really, but I guess the first meeting is on Friday. Red Cap asked me what he could do to help. I honestly think that he’s as lost as I am and just needs someone. Maybe he wanted that someone to be Ardath, but our resident jack ass is only interested in himself. Or at least I thought so until Vincent.

I feel bad for Red Cap. I freed him and he’s still just slightly empty. Whether the others understand him or not doesn’t matter, because part of me does. The fact that Leanne showed up at school though really pissed me off. She has no right to be there. Her presence has just done so much damage and she’s hurt Israel so much. I don’t care what Chantel says.


Chantel. My best friend. I feel like we’re worlds apart now. There’s more to her and less of her now. She’s changed but I can’t describe how. I just know it’s something I’m not going to like. She made an announcement at school about supernaturals behaving themselves at school and there was a meeting in the radio room. No one seemed pleased. There were some arguments about who should be in charge. I want to believe in Chantel, but I just feel like she’s gonna do her old show of making things worse before they get better. She likes to complicate things. But I don’t know what to do. I know she won’t listen to me and I’m out of words.

No comments:

Post a Comment