Tuesday 22 April 2014

In Which The Fae Makes an Offer

Dear Diary,

The strangest thing happened as I went back to class. Leanne walked up to me. She pointedly said that I didn’t like her. I agreed. Whatever. It’s better that she knows where we stand. I don’t want her here but I can’t stop her, so I guess I have to live with her.

And then she started talking about Chantel. Like Chantel’s changes. I didn’t really know what had happened with her, and to be honest, I hadn’t even asked. I felt a pang of guilt as I realized I had left her behind. I didn’t want to. I missed her. Things had just become so absorbing that I forgot other people had a life. Poor Chantel. Shit was getting so awful for her.

I ignored my initial impulse to walk away and go ask Chantel what had been happening and kept watching Leanne. And then I called her on her shit with what she did to Israel. She said coming back from the dead has a price. I stared at her. I could bring Jack back. The thing I had been working on the most in the back of my head.

I had thought of blowing the last bit of dust on him, but I figured that would just banish him. I wanted him back. The one thing I wanted, more than anything, and she could give it to me. If I submitted to her torture. I wasn’t sure I would survive though.

So I asked if there was another way. And sure enough, if I get that bracelet from Chantel I could do it. She would do it. Jack would come back. I couldn’t help but say yes. I didn’t want to be alone anymore and I knew Jack shouldn’t have died. So I made a deal with her. Some hunter I’m shaping up to be.


And then we went to class. As we all sat there, a text came from Israel saying Vincent was in trouble. Almost in unison we stood and left the class. Stupid idiot got himself in trouble with his mother. Well, I guess Natalie was a problem now. I guess it was time to try slaying a vampire.

No comments:

Post a Comment