Friday 7 March 2014

In Which An Angel Lights The World On Fire

Dear Diary,

I want to say I woke up today and everything was normal. I want to say, when I opened my eyes and saw Vincent looking at me, that he smiled and we kissed and everything that had happened yesterday was over and done with. That we were just two kids who had enjoyed a night together and were going to get dressed and go to school. And I can say those things. Because they all happened. But then we got to school and somehow, the crazy just decided to push itself.

On the TV that morning, as I was getting ready and Vincent was showering, I noticed that someone had attempted to shoot Rob Ford at his house in front of his kids. Apparently he took a video of the guy, and damn if the guy didn't look like Israel. I must've sworn out loud because Vincent came out to see what I was getting upset about. I couldn't understand why Israel would care about Rob Ford. Why anyone, would, really. I mean, it's one thing I guess if he were a demon or something, like Mr. Scott, but otherwise...

We made it to school without further event, but once there, I saw Dean in the hall. Vincent and I walked up to him to see if he was okay. I asked him how he was doing, if he had saw anything weird before he had... well... died. But he brushed me off and subtly threatened to tell everyone about the fairy dust I had, mostly because the creep Caleb was with him and had told him. This is why we don't welcome strangers into the group.

I guess Vincent thought he was being too much of a jerk or something, I'm not really sure what set him off, but he pushed Dean, and then Dean shoved back and Vincent fell into me and I ended up on the floor after tripping on Caleb. My head pounded and when I looked up to see what had happened, Israel made this weird face, like he was concentrating, I guess, and then Dean caught on fire. Like actual fucking fire. He ran screaming down the hall and I grabbed Israel because this couldn't keep happening.

I pulled him into Chantel's sound room and had a serious talk with him. He couldn't keep hurting people whenever he wanted. He couldn't keep shooting people because he was told to. He was a person and needed to start acting like a person. Israel got upset, looked sad, and then finally apologized and said he would stop doing all the destructive things he was doing. I was so glad he finally saw reason, because I didn't want something crazy to happen, like him shooting someone else or getting arrested. I mean, Dean had been set on fire, but I was pretty sure he'd survive... mostly.

Apparently Caleb and Vincent had been talking in the hall, because they both came in with hell in their eyes, and Vincent demanded to know what I had done. I guess I had to tell him. So I did. I admitted to the fairy dust. And when it got around to where I got it from, I knew he wasn't going to like my answer. As soon as the words "Red Cap" were out of my mouth he was ready to go hunting for him. I told him he couldn't, but that never really stopped him anyways.

Quietly, while they were trying to figure out how to free themselves from the dust, Israel asked if the dust would make him a person, a human. I had to sadly tell him it would just dampen his powers, make him unable to use them. Like how Vincent was still Vincent, he just had to concentrated to talk to Samael. Israel got the saddest look on his face and then Vincent said it was probably for the best that I had dusted him. I'm not sure he meant it, but he seemed to think it was a good thing. Caleb was still furious.

Chantel showed up saying she had been chatting to Mr. White, Israel's contact from Heaven, I guess, and that he was terrifying and that Israel was shooting people and that maybe Mr. White wasn't a good guy at all. The fire alarm was going off and the fire department kept trying to get us to leave, which was fair, so we all turned and went to walk into the alley behind the school. But when the door opened, Leanesidhe was there.

She said that I had let a monster go. That the monster had killed people and was going on a rampage. That I had been in her home and had broken the law and I was to be punished. I felt like I was going to be sick. I couldn't believe Red Cap would just be randomly killing people. I thought he was just run away. He would just leave so Leanesidhe wouldn't find him again. My stomach lurched and I turned to lean into Vincent. I could feel the tears coming. Everything was going so horribly and it was all my fault. Those people had died because of me.

Then Chantel seemed to turn it all around on Leanesidhe. That somehow it was her fault and not mine, because she hadn't noticed a mortal in her realm. The doors should have been better locked or something. Whatever it was, the fae seemed to buy it and I couldn't help but breathe a sigh of relief, even if Chantel was claiming me as a human under her protection. I didn't want her to get hurt because of me. I didn't want anyone else to get hurt.

And then Mr. White was there, telling Israel he had to shoot more people, and Chantel was telling him that the gun would take away free will, the very thing he treasured so much. There was an awful sound as the gun went off and Mr. White was down on the ground, bleeding. Then Israel shot the ground for whatever reason, but by then men were coming down the alley to arrest him because he had just shot someone. Caleb, Chantel, Vincent, and I all turned to run, but only Vincent got out. The rest of us turned a corner and ran through a door that Leanesidhe was holding open.

We should've known better. We should've gotten arrested. Anything would have been better than where she took us.


No comments:

Post a Comment