Saturday 29 March 2014

In Which A Plan Is Hatched

Dear Diary,

The only thing that saw me through the funeral, the visitations, the random people who would drop off food or flowers, the people who said they were friends who wanted to talk.. the only thing I found a comfort through the entire time was the thought that I could do something about it soon. Soon I would be able to confront Samael and soon Vincent would be free. Even after everything, I still love him. More than anything.

I didn’t know enough about Samael to really form a plan. I just knew that I had the power now to kill him, or at least send him back to Hell. The power had such a high price, but I knew it would be worth it. I promised Vincent I would free him. I had promised myself I wouldn’t let Samael take him in the end. When he stabbed my mom it just seemed like Samael was going to win. I had to do something. I had to stop him. I couldn’t let him destroy Vincent like this.

As I watched him recuperate in the hospital before I left him there, I made a simple decision. I would do whatever it took to free him. That’s when I went to the bookstore. That’s when I read the book of hunters. But it’s not as simple as all that, is it? Not really. Nothing since I met Vincent has been that simple.

Class ended and I sent a text to Chantel, asking her and Israel to meet me. So we met at her sound booth. She hasn’t had time for the radio lately but it still seemed like that booth was a second home to her. With her parents, I couldn’t really blame her. She met me there with Israel and Tobias. Tobias. My body instantly tensed as I looked at him. I wanted to slap him and call him an idiot and pull him away from my friends for a minute. I wanted to tell him to run the hell away and never look back, or one day he’d be dead. Or worse. He’d be something like me.

I asked him to wait outside and told Chantel and Israel I wanted ot kill Samael. We started to discuss it, and each of us looked into our own books. Between us all we realized we need a greater power than Samael in order to destroy him, and a weapon of some kind to sever his tie to Vincent, and an object to bind him to. Finding a bigger power than Samael would be difficult, and Leanne’s name was tossed around. Chantel seemed hesitant. How could she hesitate to kill Leanne? Israel had told me what she had done to him. That he had died for Meg at Leanne’s hand. How could Chantel do that to Israel? Did he even know she was dating her?

I sighed and then suddenly Ardath was coming in. Chantel asked if I wanted him involved. I knew he had connections to powerful things. And he was clever. No doubt he’d hatch some plan to make himself have an advantage. I didn’t care. Whatever it took, it would take. I already given up so much to get this done. I agreed and Israel threw a fit. We argued, he stayed, and then Vincent and Caleb showed up.

I don’t know how it happened, but between all of us we came up with a way to remove Samael from Vincent. The only catch was his soul was in jeopardy and could potentially get ripped out of him when we cut the ties with Samael. I knew I couldn’t let that happen, so while everyone else was going to be finding a way to get rid of Samael, I decided to find a way to save his soul. Then Israel tried to find a higher power, I guess, and collapsed onto the floor drowning.

Water poured from his mouth as he coughed, strangled and sputtered. I stopped to try to help him, and only realized there was nothing I could do. So I left him there on the floor, possibly dying. I couldn’t save him.



No comments:

Post a Comment